I'm Cooking Up A Shrug!



Naw, that's not actually my shrug in the pot! My shrug is on the needles, and you'll be the first to see it, once it's completed. In the pot is the pink yarn being dyed with burgundy Wilton's icing dye.



Just a little idea of what's going to be on the back of the shrug, and a look at the color that the yarn was before the dyepot.

Folks around here are either amused or horrified at the spider. When I tell them that I'm going to wear the shrug to a wedding then pretty much everyone is horrified. I tell you, I feel like an idiot, but I honestly don't get it. Someone said that if I wanted a bug, then knit in a ladybug. Please - tell me why this makes a difference? I could see if I were to knit in an image of Satan or something, but honest to pete - a spider? And why does the idea of spiders and weddings get everyone all worked up? There's a message here but I don't know what it is. At times like these I feel like Temple Grandin when she says that she feels like an anthropologist on Mars. I am *immensly* amused by the whole thing, however.

No comments: